Welcome! I’m Fabiola
I’m a communicator and community builder bridging countries and cultures. Originally from Chiapas, Mexico and now based in Belgium, my passion is fostering a deeper connection to self, others and the world through purposeful communications, spaces and conversations. I have a degree in International Marketing with a minor in Psychology, studies in conflict resolution, fundraising and have developed leadership and mentoring programs.
This little corner of the net is my online home. It’s a place for sharing. I share about what it takes to be ourselves and move forward making beautiful things happen. I also share bits of what I’m living, learning and things floating in my mind and heart.
When I’m not doing work that I love, you may find me reading or making crafts–paper lover! Let me get into the kitchen and you get a tasty Mexican, Belgian or another creative feast. The simple things that delight me: country life, time for reflection, and a great cup of Tascalate (Chiapas’ Mayan Cuisine). I’m at my best flow when listening to music, mentoring, leading a retreat (online or in person), or seeing art that touches my soul.
Thank you for following along — and for being part of my virtual (and perhaps someday, real) world. Stay in touch, via my occasional e-letters, via Twitter or through my visual glimpses of life in Instagram.
WHAT I VALUE
- Connection–meaningful connection to self, to others, to the world.
- Creativity–what emerges when exploring who we are and what is our work and contribution to the world.
- Nourishment–the art of holding personal space to be, to care, and then connect, create and flow!
MY JOURNEY TO CRAFTING MY TRUE PATH
My path has led me to work in close collaboration with incredible people making a difference in the world. I’ve lived in four different countries, visited twenty-three, and started different professional paths. I continue learning about life transitions and staying on one’s true path. What I’ve found to be the key: nurturing the connection to ourselves and what I call ‘exercising our ‘Being’ muscle.‘
Just a few years ago, I found myself reclaiming the connection to myself and rethinking who I am and what I do in the world. I rediscovered the power of holding space for myself to connect with my inner world to continue moving forward aligned with who I am. I emerged inspired to serve in creative ways.
WHAT DOES YOUR TRUE PATH LOOK LIKE?
Below is what I’m doing now to support others by nurturing a deeper connection (self, others, the world), and make beautiful things happen.
I’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, AND TOGETHER DISCOVER WHAT WANTS TO HAPPEN.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM ALONG THE JOURNEY
When living in Mexico City, I delivered a 9-month values based leadership program with the aim of developing a new generation of leaders.
During those days, I crafted a workshop on Authentic Leadership and delivered it at universities. In 2008, I delivered it at Le Blanc Spa Resort in Cancun, with the aim to connect the team more deeply with their hearts and with each other.
In 2010 when I was invited as a delegate of Prof. Rajmohan’s Gandhi’s Voyage of Dialogue and Discovery, a grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and former President of Initiatives of Change International, visiting people making a difference in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and the Americas.
IT ALL STARTED IN CHIAPAS…
- Born and grew up in Chiapas, Mexico.
- Board Member of Initiatives of Change International, a network in over 60 countries, 2010-2014.
- Director of the Division of Leadership Development at Fundación Ethos, Mexico, 2007
- Marketing Specialist for Intel in Mexico, 2006
- BsC in International Marketing with a Summa Cum Laude nomination, University of Monterrey, Mexico, 2002
- Worked at Initiatives of Change, London, overseeing marketing for the magazine For a Change, 2001.
- Trained as Caux Scholar in Conflict Resolution (Switzerland, 2001); The Heart of Effective Leadership (Switzerland 2013); Balanced Leadership (Belgium, 2013); Fundraising MInstF Cert (UK, 2012); Openhearted Writing (online, 2015); Accessing Wisdom in the Digital Realm (online, 2015).
- Exchange student to Kingston, New York with AFS, USA, 1996.